Saturday, May 01, 2010

Palin in Michigan (w/updates)

While Obama supporters and University of Michigan graduates are getting soaked in Ann Arbor, I'm comfortably waiting indoors for Sarah Palin to arrive at the Americans for Prosperity Defending the Dream Summit.

It's 8:15 now and Palin's scheduled to speak at 9:15 AM. Following her speech in the general sessions, Palin will give a special address to high school and middle school students.

Should be a fun event, I'm hoping to get some pictures up and blog throughout the day.

Update: 11AM.
Sarah gave her speech. It seems the same in person as she is in video. Very genuine and energetic. Her speech hit all the major themes that you'd expect, "We shouldn't be working for the government, government should be working for us."

She then gave a breakout session for the youth. I was able to sit up close and she didn't go on stage behind the podium, so it was very personal. I was able to ask her the first question. I asked what advice she'd give to a mom with a son about ready to go into the Marines. She gave me the same advice Cindy McCain gave her, "spend a lot of time on your knees." She thanked my son and me for his willingness to serve his country.

The second question addressed her pro-life stance and she took the opportunity to talk about the birth of Trig and her first grandson, Tripp. She was very gracious, personal, and humble. She was real.

She answered a few more questions and then stood around taking pictures and autographs. I was able to get a signature but my camera failed me. Not sure what happened. Oh well. I brought a few kids with me and I'll post their shots later today.

Update 12:30 PM - The Detroit Free Press has an article on this event with a very "interesting" picture of Sarah. She didn't come across as mean-spirited but this photo sure makes it seem that way.


Subscribe to SpunkyHomeschool by email

Follow Spunky on Facebook.

No comments: