Tuesday, June 09, 2009

That's my geek


That's, Josh, one of my six so-called geeky homeschooled children ready for his final concert of the season. Next year, his senior year, he will be playing with the University of Michigan Youth Orchestra.

And just so my boys don't accuse me of playing favorites, that's my other son, Jason, practicing with his band. They're getting ready for their debut concert next week at our town's annual summer festival. He plays keyboard and guitar.

And for those that may be wondering, no I'm not musical. itunes on my ipod is about as close as I'll ever get to carrying a tune. They have talent on loan from God; they certainly didn't inherit it from their parents. (Photos courtesy of my daughter, Kristin. I'll have to do a "geeky" girl post next.)

To meet more homeschoolers and learn about what they do with their geeks, check out this week's carnival of homeschooling. Dana's hosting.

Subscribe to SpunkyHomeschool by email.

No comments: