Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Motor City Meltdown

I've decided to become a Democrat. Seriously, my kids too. They've even begun marching around the house dressed in military fatigues muttering "because of Obama" and volunteering to do the dishes, fold the laundry, and take out the trash. Miraculous, I know. When I saw the change in them, I wished I'd converted to the Democrat Party even sooner. But better late than never I suppose.

What caused this drastic change of heart?

I'm glad you asked.

Well, it all started with a phone call from my daughter early one frosty morning. The car had broken down. She was in a panic and needed a bailout. Momma can you come get me!

Next in the line up was my son. He just had tooth extracted and braces put on. The site where the tooth was pulled became infected. He was in serious pain and needed a bailout. Momma can you get me some medicine!

Then there was my five-year old who woke up early in the morning with the stomach flu. She was looking pretty green and in desperate need of a bailout. Momma can you get me a bowl!

After playing the bowl game for the third night in a row, I was exhausted and in need of a bailout. Momma can you come...

Suddenly, a light shown through the window and I had an epiphany. It wasn't momma I needed but Obama! After all, if he can bailout the Big Three why not Spunky! It was time to spread the mess around.

Immediately, I started singing,

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming The One.
He has trampled on conservatives who never have any fun.
He will cure my sick child and make my auto run.
His change is marching on.

Glory, Glory, I support Obama
Glory, Glory, I support Obama
Glory, Glory, I support Obama

Help is on the way.

No comments: