Saturday, November 22, 2008

Friday Freebies (a day late)

In these tough economic times it's nice to find a few items where the price is right.

Free e-books from Trivium Pursuit
If you're not familiar with Trivium Pursuit and the Bluedorn family, you're missing out on some of the best resources available for homeschoolers. I'm using their book, The Fallacy Detective and The Thinking Toolbox, as a supplements in my informal logic class for middle schoolers with great success. Until the end of the month, they are making two of their e-books available for free. You can get all the details here. While you're at it, if you're looking for excellent picture books for young readers check out Johanna Bluedorns books as well.

Free Thanksgiving Cookbook
Need a unique recipe to add sparkle to your Thanksgiving feast? New punch recipe? Crunchy salad? Fabulous dessert? Homeschool mom of six, Cheryl Moeller's cookbook, Aunt Sarah's Alaskan Cookbook, will give your guests cause for a standing ovation. You can receive a free copy from now until Thanksgiving Day. For your free cookbook, click here.

Free blogging advice from Spunky
I appreciate the encouraging notes that are sent to me from time to time from readers of my blog. The note usually includes a sentence that says something like, "I don't know how you have time to blog." We all have our addictions; mine is blogging and Starbucks. The bad economy has forced me to severely cut back on my Starbucks, but thankfully blogging is still FREE! There are a few free resources that I use to make my blogging easier. Bloglines enables me to read a lot of information quickly and categorize it for later retrieval. You can also subscribe to your favorite blogs by email and have their most recent posts sent to your inbox. (You can subscribe to SpunkyHomeschool by putting your email in the box located at the top of the sidebar on the right.) Utilizing these services have maximized my time on the internet and allowed me to blog efficiently.

No comments: