Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Blogging My Life Away

Taking a break from current events for a moment, here's some blog related news.

Voting has begun for the 2008 Homeschool Blog Awards.

There are plenty of great blogs nominated in a variety of categories, so here's your chance to vote for your favorites and become acquainted with some new blogs you may not know about.

Go vote!

In other blog news, I have been invited to live-blog the Midwest Homeschool Convention April 16-18, 2009 in Cincinnati, Ohio. I'll also present a workshop on blogging and homeschooling on behalf of The Old Schoolhouse Magazine. This is a great event with an excellent roster of speakers. I'm humbled to be a part of this fun and informative event. If you can carve out some time in April, I'd love to meet you in Cinci.

Finally, I was invited by my daughter's Journalism Ethics professor to present a guest lecture on blogging and its impact on the culture and media. Her request came when she heard that I had competed against (and nearly beat) Penn State Professor of American literature and cultural studies, Micheal Berube for the 2006 Wizbang Blog Awards. The lecture is tomorrow at 10AM. If nothing else, I'm looking forward to giving one more lecture to my daughter!

(Truth be told, she is the one who set up my blog in 2004 and could probably do the lecture for me.)

No comments: