Saturday, October 18, 2008

What is your dream ticket?

I've been out and about, enjoying crisp fall walks and chats with many of my neighbors about the upcoming election. There are definite opinions here in the heart of the "rust belt" and more than a few passing questions have turned into lengthy conversations.

The most confounding opinion, so far, came today from my neighbor, a retired UAW factory worker, who told me that his dream ticket would be....wait for it....Obama/Palin. No kidding!

I couldn't help but laugh when he told me. But it was not a joke, he was serious! He said he wasn't happy with either ticket, but thought that, together, these two would be the best choice to take America forward. He wants to make a sign combining the two names and wondered where he can get a McCain/Palin sign to create his own yard sign.

I honestly don't think many people are happy with either ticket. I keep asking myself how with 300,000,000 people in this country did it come down to these? There is still a few weeks until the election, surely we can come up with something better.

What is your dream ticket to lead our country forward?

No comments: