Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Debate Prep

The Palin/Biden debate is scheduled for tomorrow, but it's already surrounded in controversy and assertions of media bias. Gwen Ifill, the moderator, is writing a book due out on Inauguration Day about politics in the age of Obama and his rise to power. This fact has many voters requesting that Ifill recuse herself from the debate. I agree.

It is hard to understand how Ifill will be an impartial moderator, given she has a vested interest in an Obama victory. Since there is only one vice presidential debate, Ifill should gracefully bow out and leave the task to a less biased moderator; or at least someone who can fake it better than Ifill. Michelle Malkin has more details. Quite honestly, I find it very annoying when the people assigned to cover the news, become the news.

Reader and fellow blogger, Kristin, will be in St. Louis and was invited to be at a follow-up forum with Palin. She emailed me and asked,
"Spunky:I am so excited to be able to attend the "DEBATE WATCHING PARTY" this Thursday night here in St. Louis. I hope to live blog about it. Following the Biden/Palin debate, Gov. Palin will address the crowd (of which I will be a member) in a location adjacent to the debate locale. (I will not be able to be at the actual debate b/c only Washington University students/faculty are being issued tickets.) If you could ask Gov. Palin any question, what would it be?
I've been so busy I haven't even figured out what I will have for dinner tonight, let alone what to ask a candidate for vice president! Once I figure out dinner, I'm on my way out the door for a college fair with my children, so I'll be away until later tonight. But I know there are others who might also like to contribute a question or two for Palin. So I thought I'd open it up to my readers to add their questions.

If you could ask Governor Palin any question, what would it be? I know I have some Obama/Biden supporters who lurk here, feel free to add your questions too.

No comments: