Sunday, September 07, 2008

It is finished (almost)

I set a goal at the beginning of the summer to get my kitchen painted, my 120" oak table refinished, and new curtains made for the windows. I finished the first two projects this weekend! I don't mind painting, but I don't ever want to hold a power sander again! My hands are still vibrating. Thank goodness my boys were available to rescue me.

If the colors don't come through, the walls are yellow with the back wall red. The darker back wall makes my long kitchen (12 X 24) seem a little less narrow, especially with the long table. The curtain fabric is waiting patiently to be sewn in the corner. (If Palin hadn't gotten the nomination, I'm sure that would have been done by now.) With school starting tomorrow, I'm not sure when that will get done. But at least we can all eat at the same table again.

No comments: