Saturday, August 02, 2008

Classical Communications

Congratulations to my dear sister who just gave birth to her eighth child, Eden Joy. That now makes 24 neices and nephews in my family, all of which are homeschooled. We're becoming our own support group! Yesterday, I spent the day visiting my sister and her busy family. Her oldest is only 15 and my sister doesn't look much older than that herself. She's a blessed woman and I'm glad she's my sister.

I've enjoyed this summer tremendously, but I know fall is coming fast. Today, I'm off to Classical Conversations one-day parent practicum in Toledo for a bit of motivation of and inspiration to put me in academic mode. The guest speaker is Leah Bromen
Leah will discuss Leigh Bortin's new book, Echo in Celebration: A Call to Home-Centered Education, and present how we can successfully recover the "tools
of learning" for ourselves and our children.
I met the people from Classical Conversations at a homeschool convention in Columbus and enjoyed their selection of materials. Kelly, the accidental homeschooler, is also a fan of their materials. It should be a fun day.

The Carnival of Homeschooling Boy Scout Edition is up at Consent of the Governed if you're looking for motivation and inspiration for your homeschool.

No comments: