Monday, July 28, 2008

News to me...

Did you know that paying federal taxes is "voluntary?" I didn't either. But believe it or not, that's the way that Senate majority leader Harry Reid sees it.






Forced benevolence, often called government spending, is never charitable or the solution. It is we, not the state, who are told to love and serve our neighbor. Further, government "charity" is the most inefficient form of help. I pay my taxes, they spend some on administration, and give some to those they feel need the help. Basically, wealthy distribution according to the needs of the state, which may or may not help my neighbor. Isn't it much more efficient if I just help my neighbor and give him the money directly? But the state doesn't believe enough of us will, so they force us to do it through taxation and compulsion.

But according to Harry Reid, we aren't forced into paying our taxes we "volunteer?"

Is Obama's Global Tax on Poverty better known as the United Nations tax on Americans going to be voluntary too?

No comments: