Tuesday, December 05, 2006

See Ya 'Round

I would like to thank all the readers and commenters who have made Spunky Homeschool a true joy for me. You've challenged, encouraged, and inspired me every day. I hope I've done the same for you. But all good things must come to an end sometime. (Assuming you thought Spunky Homeschool as a good thing.) And today is the day for me to leave Spunky Homeschool behind and move on to new opportunities.

Thanks again for making the last two years so much fun!

Blessings,
Spunky

P.S. No, I'm not dying, getting a divorce, or God forbid putting my children in public school!

UPDATE: Thank you for all the kind and gracious comments. I'm humbled to know that this effort has truly meant so much. For those who felt comfortable enough telling me that the abruptness of the decision was "unfair" and has caused them to lose some respect for me I say thank you as well. I have and always will have great respect for all readers and commenters and appreciate honest feedback good and bad.

Here's a brief explanation as best as I can give one.

I talk very little about my personal life on this blog. That has always been intentional. Unlike other blogs I'm not the subject of the blog that bears my nickname. Education and family life in the world are the subject. I'm just one of God's messengers among many others to spread the Word of Truth. When one writes a book you know when the last page is approaching. Blogs of this sort don't have an ending, the discussion will continue long after me. And it should. Perhaps that's why this may seem more abrupt and sudden. There will never be an end until Jesus returns, thus no time to leave will ever seem appropriate. But ending a blog, just like finishing a good book, often leaves you wanting one more page. But know that the decision was made in obedience to the Lord not from malice or disrespect toward anyone.

Please accept as I have, that at times it's necessary to end one activity and move on in order to continue to walk with the Lord and in His ways.

That's all. There isn't a reason for leaving, but a calling to go forward. What that is will unfold as I obey and take the first step in leaving this behind. Is that being secretive? No. It's telling the truth as I always do. If there were more to tell I would tell it. You deserve that from me.

One final announcement,
Talk about making it tough to leave, I've just been informed that I'm a finalist in the Weblog Awards 2006, for Best Education Blog. I'm humbled to be in the same category with Joanne Jacobs and Education Wonks, two blogs that I read before I began my own and would highly recommend to you. Thank you for your nomination, if you would like to vote here's the place.

The 2006 Weblog Awards

Many thanks again for making this blog what it is. I am truly humbled that my daily writings have impacted so many. More than I could have ever imagined and in so many places.

I will continue to comment on various blogs as time permits. I enjoy reading the posts of various bloggers and their thoughts and opinions inspire and encourage me greatly.

God Bless You All
Spunky

No comments: