Friday, November 10, 2006

Homeschool Blog Awards

I've received a few emails and comments asking me if I am going to do the Homeschool Blog Awards again this year. It was about this time last year that I held them. If there is interest I will do it again. But I may wait until after the Christmas season. Is there interest?

Speaking of Christmas, did you hear that Wal-Mart is changing back to Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays this year? They are even letting the cashiers say "Merry Christmas" to the customers. It's a small thing, but it makes a difference to me and probably the ACLU eventually too!

Two weeks ago my husband was at a public school giving a Civil War presentation. Right in the middle of the talk, the class shouted "Merry Christmas." Confused, my husband looked at the teacher. He laughingly explained that there is a school rule that prohibits teachers and staff from saying "Merry Christmas," so every hour on the hour his class says it for him. All year long!

I appreciated the Spunk of the classroom. Thankfully, here at Spunky Homeschool even the teacher can say those wonderful words. So let me get a jump start on the holiday season and be the first one to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas! (Even thought it's supposed to be near 60 and gorgeous here today.)

Update: It looks like it may not be a Merry Christmas for Wal-Mart after all. A few commenters wanted to let me know that there is another Wal-Mart policy that still needs some work.

No comments: