Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Sudoku and other stuff

For those that think I spend all my time blogging, I have a confession to make. I only spend half my time. The other half is spent playing Sudoku. I love logic puzzles. I stayed up way to late the other night blazing through my latest round of mind bending number crunching. Who knew counting to nine could be so much fun? So much fun that I missed sending in my entry to the Carnival of Homeschooling at Why Homeschooling. Thankfully, there is always next week.

But my life hasn't been all play and no work, I've been planning our curriculum for the next school year.

I think I'm most excited about the new science curriculum for my two younger daughters. They want to "do science" like the my high schoolers, but they are not ready for the Apologia Science Series. Christian Kids Explore Biology I think is going to work very well for them. My oldest daughter is excited about it too. She looked through the book and asked if she could help teach it. She thought it would be a good reinforcement for her own past study of biology.

This is just one example of the value in homeschooling through high school. High school has its share of challenges to be sure. But I'm thankful that we are learning together and living at a pace that suits our family. I am truly blessed to have older children who want to help with the younger ones without being consumed by their own schedules leaving little time left over to particpate in family life.

Update: The Common Room has a two part series on Homeschooling high school that's worth a look.

Related Tags: , , , , , , ,

No comments: