Thursday, August 17, 2006

Timeline Turmoil

I have a self-inflicted guilt trip about timelines. Everybody seems to do them but me. I want to do them. I really do. I begin them with the best of intentions to complete them, but they usually end up in the same bin with all the half done cross-stitch projects. My children have done mini-time lines for small periods of time. But we've never done a beginning of the world to the present day. We're doing Ancient History this year, and it seems like a perfect time to try this again. And maybe get rid of the guilts once and for all.

Has anyone out there ever been succesful with a timeline? Please share your secrets of success. (Products and websites too!) I'm all ears. By the way, I don't do well with baby books either. My children will just have to believe me that they were born and they were cute. If they want proof it's in the box in the basement, right next to the box of timeline stuff.

I'm still working through the list of books to order this year. I'm trying to keep Moritmer Adler's thought in mind as I struggle to stay within the budget.
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but how many can get through to you.
But won't just one more, make them just a little smarter?

And a few announcements,

Gena, at The Old Schoolhouse is hosting a contest. Hurry, it ends today. Winner gets a $25 shopping spree to the Schoolhouse Store.

EdWonk is hosting the Carnival of Education.

No comments: