Monday, July 31, 2006

I'll take Homeschooling for $50

The answer is: We are homeschoolers.

Contestant: "How do I tell people we are homeschoolers? (That's a question someone googled to get to my site. I just wanted to help them out a little.)

Gosh, that was easy let's try Homeschooling for $100.

The answer is: PHAT Mommy

Contestant: Where is the Carnival of Homeschooling this week?


Contestant: Since I'm on a roll, I'll take Homeschooling for $200.

The answer is: A cheesy photo.

Contestant: What do you call a photo of homeschooler Kristen Hembree on a box of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese.

Way to go!

Contestant: Thanks! Let's try Parenting for $50.

The answer is: No, I'm not.

Contestant: Are you enjoying the hot weather in a house full of children and no AC?

No, I'm sorry you're miserable, but that's not correct.

The question was: Are you a toxic parent? Who needs friends when you have parents like this?

In our home we parent by the Three R's. And by God's grace, it seems to be working. My fifteen year old son just told me out of the blue the other day, "Mom, just in case you're wondering, I'm too old to rebel. I've got too much I want to do to waste my time doing dumb stuff like a lot of other kids my age." Our society doesn't need more toxic parents, but we could use a few more extreme parents.

Related Tags: , , ,

No comments: