Monday, May 08, 2006

The Winners

It is definitely true that it is better to give than receive. I have really enjoyed doing this contest. I wish I could do this every week! A big thank-you to Benz Microscope and Apologia Science for donating the prizes.

The winners, chosen at random, are....

First Prize - Karen Briguglio (via email)
Swift 2251F Compound Microscope

All the specifications for this microscope are available here. This microscope is an excellent choice for all middle and high school science. The retail value of this microscope is $259. However, Benz Microscopes is willing to sell this microscope to my readers for $160 + shipping. He also sells the National 131 microscope for $152. And the National 138 for $160. Those are some of the lowest prices I've seen.

Second Prize - Dana Hanley at Principled Discovery
Apologia Biology

Many people may be familiar with the Jay Wile Science series. We have used his General Science and Physical Science. I am using the Biology currently with our older children. We have enjoyed them all. And plan to use the Chemistry next year. I blogged recently about the great customer service I received from the author, Jay Wile. The Biology textbook set is valued at $80. If your looking for quality science materials, Apologia is the place to get them.

Thanks to everyone who participated. If you are in the market for science materials, I hope you'll look into Benz Microscopes and Apologia Science . I've been impressed by them and I know you will be too!

I hope to put together one more contest. But I took the weekend off and haven't gotten all the details together. Stay tuned.

No comments: