Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Honor thy father and mother

Rather than think of all the ways our parents or in-laws may bug us Julie takes the time to ponder what her parents are doing right. Here's the introduction
My parents have always been great parents, and they've made solid decisions and
given so much love to all of us throughout our lives. Now that we ("we", meaning my 2 sisters and I, which also means "their" 3 children) are adults ourselves, and have our own husbands and children, my parents continue to be great parents. They're so wonderful, that I decided to devote this entry to what they are doing right, in the hopes that I'll re-read this when my kids are adults - so I can remember how to do it right. Here is my list of what they are doing right, right now, now that their kids are adults and have families themselves (by the way, these are not in any particular order, certainly not in order of importance):
You'll have to click over to read the long list of things they are doing. I'm going to have to remember this list and keep it handy for when I'm a Grandma.

I must add that my parents and in-laws are very similar to Julie's. I think I owe them a call to let them know how much they're appreciated.

No comments: