Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Woe to you....

Scripture says,
"Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for that is how their fathers treated the false prophets." - Luke 6:26
So I am grateful for those who read my blog and hold me accountable for what I say. Thanks to Scott Somerville ( lawyer at HSLDA) for sharing what he thought about my NY Times Post. He said,
I hate to disagree with Spunky but this time it's for her own good. I'm afraid she's been played for a sucker by the New York Times.
We still disagree on the what the bill does (a move toward "rigor" in national standards) but I appreciate the honest dialogue. I am challenged and learn even if it isn't always pleasant to hear. I don't always have an adequate understanding and one of the nice things about the blogosphere is that someone else can join in and offer their perpspective.

JollyBlogger reran a post awhile back "How to have a Christ-like Argument." that I found it very helpful. I have disagreed with a few people on this blog. It is my hope that we can have a discussion without dishonoring Christ or the people involved.

Related Tags: , , , ,

No comments: