Thursday, February 09, 2006

Teaching the teacher

I am teaching a co-op biology class with my children and three others. We are working through Apologia Biology by Jay Wile. As we were going over some of the concepts, one of the kids asked an excellent question that I couldn't answer. After we attempted for a while to try and figure it out, I decided to call the help number listed in the front of the book. While I dialed, the children were discussing the unlikely possibility that I would actually reach a human being who could answer our question. To my amazement and pleasure we not only reached a human but the very human who wrote the book! Jay Wile, answered the phone and our question. One of the exciting things about homeschooling is that I don't have to have all the answers. In the process of helping my children learn and figure things out, I am being taught as well. I'm glad there are experts out there like Jay who are willing to take the time to help me along in that effort.

Related Tags: , , , ,

No comments: