Friday, November 25, 2005

Time to Blog

Time to Blog
Every once in a while someone asks how I have time to blog. Here's my answers.

I have a sister who loves to quilt. She spends hours piecing together carefully selected fabric into a beautiful design. She hopes that these quilts will become heirlooms to the next generation. I don't quilt I blog. However, I view my activity the same way she does hers. It is a labor of love for my children. Spunkyhomeschool is a patchwork of posts pieced together to pass down to the next generation. Psalm 78 says,
So the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would tell their children. Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.
What I write each day, I write for them. I don't want to forget the things God has taught me. I want them to know them too. I want them to know what I believe and why I believe it. Some posts they will understand now. Some won't be useful until they are parents themselves. Some will be just little bits of history so they will understand the times in which we live. But I blog for them.

No comments: