Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Gatto Coming to Michigan

Author and Speaker John Taylor Gatto is coming to the Mid-Winter Home Educator's Conference in Hudsonville, MI January 27 and 28, 2006. (That's on the west side of the state near Grand Rapids.)

His topics will include The Underground History of American Education", "The Trapped Flea Principle and Other Weapons of Mass Instruction", and "Do You Really Need to Go to College?". They all sound interesting.

Along side Mr. Gatto will be Rob and Cyndy Shearer homeschooling parents of 11 children. I have heard Rob speak at this conference a few years ago. He is very entertaining and absolutely brilliant when he talks about history (my weakness).

I have not been to this conference in a few years. But I"m going to try and make this one if I can. Want to join me? Maybe we can do a mid-winter blog meet-up during the conference. This conference always helps keep me motivated during the grey days of winter.

No comments: