Saturday, October 15, 2005

What Do You Think?

Robert asked a question in response to my post What Makes A Great Homeschool.
I'm actually seriously interested to hear if anybody has anything against dads homeschooling while mom works outside the home. I didn't know if the gender of the language in the post was reflecting such an issue or whether it was just habit.
There's actually a few dimensions to this question. Susan touches on a few of them in her comment,
As far as the question of moms working and dads staying home- that's a harder subject for me to touch on because I don't want to step on toes. I would say that it is so much more beneficial then the alternative and that would be to put kids in school. But I have to say that I believe that women were created to be home to take care of the family and home. I don't believe that it has been beneficial to have women in the work force. Thats my opinion but we have felt convicted that I should stay home to take care of and school the family.
What do you think? I've got my own thoughts on this (when don't I?) But I've got a busy day today so it'll have to wait until later.

No comments: