Tuesday, October 18, 2005

It's not supposed to be this way

I usually have more than enough to say. I have a list of blog posts that I want to write. But today my hands are just not functioning. My mind is not engaged and my heart is sad. I have lost a dear homeschooling friend to cancer on Sunday. We shared many experiences together. When our children were young they played together. She loved babies. She adopted two of her own and always had a lap and a smile for mine. We shared our struggles over boys that were energetic and challenging. We swapped curriculum and stories about how they didn't work for us but how they might for the other. We often wondered what our lives would be like when they were all grown and gone.

The last few years we haven't seen each other as often. Different churches and interests led us in diferent directions. But I knew I could always call and get a good laugh. When she became ill, it was even more difficult to get together. I wish I had taken the time to visit more often.

Cancer is a wicked enemy but our God triumphs over the grave. Her struggle is over. She will be missed by all who knew here here on earth but I know she is with the God she so loved in heaven.

No comments: