Thursday, September 22, 2005

Conservative Kids

When my son had just started his first business, a paper route, he had many questions about how to run a business. One stands in my mind still today. He asked, "How much money do I have to earn before I start paying any taxes?"

My husband said he would have to check on that to be sure but he thought it was around $600 before he paid any kind of taxes. My enterprising son then replied, "Good then I'll stop working at $599!"

It seems like I'm not the only mom who has had those conversations. Here's a book called, Help! Mom! There are Liberals Under My Bed. I think the book is a great idea only I might have titled it "Help, Mom! There are Liberals In My Piggy Bank!" because my son actually did have to pay Social Security taxes on his income last year. (And the cut off was $600.)

And here's a post my daughter wrote a while back on when someone asked her if she was a liberal or conservative.

No comments: