Friday, August 05, 2005

Blog Personalities


The blogosphere is an nteresting convergence of various personality types. Kim at Upward Call writes a humorous analogy to the cliques in high school. There's beautiful people, jocks, etc. and that carries over to the blogs. In her analogy I would be a floater.
There is a Floater group of blogs, and here's where I'll reveal my true bias. It's the home school blogs. We home school bloggers cannot be pigeon-holed. We only belong to ourselves.

I guess that's the way I was in high school too. Somethings never change.

According to this blog test I am
Logical and Principled
You like to voice your well thought out opinions on your blog.
And if someone doesn't like what you write, you really don't care!
Serious and blunt, sometimes people take your blog the wrong way.
But you're a true and loyal friend to those who truly get you.



With only a handful of questions, I think that test is quite accurate too! (Although with a nickname like Spunky how serious can I really be?!?)

Still I think that blogs are interesting because they allow "conversations" to take place that might not happen otherwise. And that, I suppose, is a good thing. Even in high school the jocks had to talk to the nerds every once in a while! As for me, I'll just float in an out offering my logical, principled opinions when I feel like it.
____________________

La Shawn Barber is talking about blogging today. She analyzes the academics view of blogging and a professor's view that that blogging will go bust. It's worth a read.

No comments: