Wednesday, August 24, 2005

And the bride wore white

Scott Somerville is writing about 65 Canton, OH girls who are pregnant out of a total of 490 female students at a local high school. That is as an alarmingly sad statistic.

Kristin and I are currently reading "And the Bride Wore White" by Dannah Garesh. It is a book helping young ladies make the decision for purity and Christ's redemption for those that didn't. Here's part of the first chapter,

It all started with the truth of Titus 2:12-13. Those verses say that God's grace does not automatically keep us from worldly passions. In all of your love for God, you could be blind-sided by worldly passions. When I realized how difficult the path of purity can be, I stood before God and I said, "OK, teach me to say no. I know these worldly passions exist, but I know the only way I will be able to say NO is if you teach me!" And from that moment on, God worked in me and gave me a resolve that I did not even know that I had within me and the path...and the waiting...was much easier. The difference was that now I had placed myself in God's presence to be taught how to say no. God's grace taught me to say no to worldly passions.You cannot attain purity all on your own.

I cannot unveil to you some formula of protection.

Your parents cannot share with you something that will keep you innocent.

Only God can do that!

Parents and the public schools will never solve these dilemmas until they realize that the Creator of life is our first teacher of truth and wisdom.

Also, the EdWonk has his Carnival of Education up. It's always worth a visit.

No comments: