Monday, July 18, 2005

Slammed by Jenny D.

Jenny D is mad at me. Well not just me, all white middle class Michiganders. She claims I don't care about my children's education.

Michiganders don't much care about their kids' educations. Let me rephrase...white, middle-class Michiganders don't care. Here's the blog entry, and here's the
from the Detroit News reporting that:

Nearly half of parents don't think everyone should have a college education nor do they trust the judgment of teachers and professors.

Three out of five define the success of their children without reference to education or the ability to support themselves.

Only one in four believes a good education is essential for getting ahead in life.

It goes on but you get the idea. Quite frankly, I agree with the first point and proud to admit I don't trust the jdugement of teachers and professors. So I guess I'm one of the parents who doesn't care. Yeah right! Sounds like Jenny D. might want to come visit my blog and read The Myth of An Equal Education. In that post I stated,
My children's success is not determined by a degree or a dollar. That a well educated child is one who knows and loves the Lord their God with all their heart, mind, soul, and strength, and loves their neighbor as themselves.
But according to educational elitists I guess that puts me in the category of parents who just don't care.

No comments: