Friday, June 10, 2005

Tagged on books

Barbara Curtis tagged me on books and I've finally gotten around to my answers.

Q. Most books I've ever owned.

We have too many to count but not enough to stop buying more. Some once asked J. Paul Getty how much money was enough. He replied, "just one dollar more than I currently have." I sometimes feel that way about books.

Q. The last book I bought.

Created to Be His Helpmate by Debi Pearl.
Blog by Hugh Hewitt (A purchase I'd gladly make again.)

Q. The last book I read.

I usually have a few books going at at time and I will read a different one depending on my mood or energy level. So here's the last few books I've read.

Being Logical. by D. Q. McInerny ( I love logic books and this one is good one.)

On Writing Well by William Zinsser (an excellent recommendation from author Barbara Curtis)

Created to Be His Helpmate by Debi Pearl (A disappointment and a blog for another day.)

Blog by Hugh Hewitt (A great primer on blogging and it's potential influence.)


Q. The five books that meant the most to me.

The Bible especially the book of Esther and Proverbs.

The Disciplined Life by Richard Taylor

The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace

Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss (written in the 1800's)

Letting Go by Fenelon (An old book I'm not even sure if it's still available)

Tag 5 people,

Ann, Mrs. Happy Housewife, Victoria, Monika, and I'll leave the fifth spot open for anyone who'd like to add their name please feel free. (And even if that's taken feel free to share your answers in the comments or on your blog.)

No comments: