Friday, May 06, 2005

Thoughts on motherhood

I am thankful that I am a woman and humbled that God would choose me to help bring about his creation into this world. I think of the birth of my 6 children and the 2 children that died before they were born and thank God that He chose me to be a part of His work here on earth. These children are a part of God's history. And he trusts me to take care of them and teach them in the way that they should go. But that's because I recognize that these children are created by God and a part of His work here on earth.

The sad reality is that many don't understand that simple fact that their life here on earth is for something greater than themselves. They look upon children as an inconvenience and not a blessing. That leads to the horrible tragedy of abortion and the death of millions of children who will never be able to wake up tomorrow and wish their mothers a "Happy Mother's Day". That leads to stories such as the one Molly posted about here. about Adrienne. Thanks Adrienne for sharing.

Evangelical Underground also shares about a tragic abortion nightmare.

Knowledge is knowing how babies are created but wisdom is knowing Who created them. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Without the fear of the Lord the knowledge alone leads many to the senseless murder of these unborn children.

No comments: