Thursday, May 12, 2005

Since I'm on the subject of teens

These stories may be of some interest as well.

In Great Britain,

Tony Blair seems to have the teen culture problems on his mind these days.
Musing on the "deep-seated causes" of children growing up without proper discipline, the prime minister told reporters at his monthly press conference: "I can start a debate on this and I can legislate but what I can't do is, I can't raise someone's children for them."
But that's exactly what most parents want Mr. Blair.

And here's what's going on here in the U.S....

What would you do if your son was on the wrestling team and the opposing team had girls on it? That's the dilemma of this private Baptist school in Tacoma, Washington. They chose to forfeit which prompted the daughter's father to complain.

"My daughter's rights," he said, "are not going to be bargained away for any reason."
He thinks that the school should force the boys to wrestle his daughter. I applaud the young men for standing firm and respecting the young ladies even if they can't see it. (HT: Agent Tim)

Meanwhile, over in Wisconsin, their wrestling with the of problem of letting a young man go to the prom dressed like a girl. They ended up expelling him for three days and fining him $249 when he showed up anyway. The principal declined comment but I admire his guts to take a stand on this issue. (HT: Edwonk)

Our society is so confusing these days. It's okay for a girl to act like a guy and want to wrestle but not okay for a guy to dress like a girl and dance at the prom. And these are the educators that want my children? No thanks.

He who walks with the wise becomes wiser still but the companion of fools suffers harm. Proverbs 13:20

No comments: