Monday, May 23, 2005

Putting on the grin

An Excellent Wife, who can find?
For her worth is far above jewels.
The heart of her husband trusts in her,
And he will have no lack of gain.
She does him good and not evil
All the days of her life...

So many times, I read Proverbs 31 and get so overwhelmed. If I did all these things I would stay awake 24/7 (and there would be absolutely no time for blogging.) I don't think that an excellent wife has to do all these things at one time, of course. But this is a high standard that I desire to work towards. There is, however, one part of Proverbs 31 that I can do. It costs me absolutely nothing and no extra time is required .

Proverbs 31:25 states "she smiles at the future."
Such an easy gesture and yet I find myself so often forgetting to do it.

Smiling.

Let's try an experiment. Just sit here at the computer for a minute and smile. Oh, Come on! No one's looking.

Smile.

A little wider please.

That's better. Keep it there now. That's awesome. Oh, you're looking so good!.

Now quick! before something happens, walk to a mirror. (Go ahead, I'll still be here when you get back!)

Did you notice how great you looked? It's amazing isn't it. But don't go letting your cirucmstances wipe it off now.

Make sure your husband get's to see it too!

I find it fascinating that God had to tell wives to "smile at the future" because it often doesn't come naturally to us. The "worry face" seems to be the trendy look these days. But let's get in the habit of putting on a smile each day. God has our future well in hand. And when you're asked by someone why you're wearing that silly grin. Just tell them you're obeying God's word.

No comments: