Thursday, April 14, 2005

What does every mom need?...

...More prayer! And that's what our church did last night for a friend of mind who is expecting her 7th child. We all gathered together to share scriptures, write notes of encouragement during delivery, and pray for the family. This is always such a blessing to everyone. Many of the young girls come as well and they see and learn so much being with women who see children as a joy not a burden. Our church has alot of large families. Pregnant women and new babies are a pretty routine occurance. Hosting baby showers with gifts is nice but not always practical. Prayer is something we can all afford to give and can't afford to live without. And you don't have to wait until their having another baby. This mom will take it anytime!

...More encouragement! A favorite book of mine is A Mother's Journey by Linda Dillow. It's a poem written to a mother as she walks through the seasons of life with her family. Sadly, the book is out of print but this poem always encourages me.

Give me your hopes,

Give me your dreams

The journey is long

And not what it seems

Affirm your children

Be faithful to Me

This is the mother I want you to be.

...A Basket of Flowers. This is one of my most favorite books. I read it every spring just to remind me of the goodness of God amidst trials.

Spunky

No comments: