Thursday, March 17, 2005

No Greater Joy

The scipture teaches that there is no greater joy than when a child walks in truth. How true that is. My daughter, Spunky Jr. had this to say about Passing On Our Values.

Since I'm not married yet, and therefore I don't have children, I don't really have to worry about this. But, I can tell you how my parents have impressed their values on me.It never has really seemed as though my mom or dad were trying to impose "their values" on me. As a youngster, I followed what they said. When I got older (I'm 16 now), I developed my own values. They are not far from my parents. I have looked at the way others have been raised. Some people I know have not followed their parents values and rebelled. Others haven't. But, I am not going to rebel or walk away from my parents values because I base my values on the Bible. This is where my parents also base their values too.

This momma is feeling kind of joyful right now.

Spunky

No comments: