Wednesday, March 16, 2005

More on music lessons

Little did I realize that my own daughter (aka Spunky Jr.) had blogged about her piano lessons when I wrote my post on music lessons. Here is what she had to say;

I haven't had a piano lesson for 2 weeks and tomorrow is my next one. I am grudgingly looking forward to it. At dinner this evening, our family was engaged in music talk (my siblings and I play various instruments) and I mentioned that I'm getting sick of piano lessons. My mom and dad quickly informed me that quitting is not an option!

As I pondered this, I realized that what I said (Confession time) was selfish and lazy. The fact that I hate practicing was leading me to my terrible conclusion but I don't want to quit now! More often than not, my thoughts are selfish and sometimes lazy and this is just one of the many examples.

In the future, I'll look at the motives behind my thoughts or actions and then make my decisions!I would encourage you to look at your motives before acting to make sure they are wise. If you can't, then ask a parent for wisdom and guidance. In my case, I needed parental guidance.

I thank the Lord for my children. Although teaching them at home and taking them to various music lessons has been difficult when I read things like this I am reminded why it was all worth it. (Spunky Jr. is my oldest daughter and she is 16 years old.)

Spunky

No comments: