Friday, February 18, 2005

What is a teacher?

Quincy at News, the Universe, and Everything is asking the question.

A teacher is someone who can...

--Give a hug without getting arrested.
--Bandage a knee without calling the school nurse.
--Change a lightbulb without calling the custodian.
--Make the children wash the bathrooms.
--Have a relationship with the principal without getting fired.
--Teach a child's mind while capturing their heart.
--Teach what they believe in and believe in what they teach.
--Meet the child's need and not worry about meeting the state guidelines.
--Commit to a lifetime of work without pay.
--Pray! in class, out loud, with the children and the ACLU can't say a word.

There is is only one that can fill that job description

A teacher is a mom

"Hear, my son, your father's instruction, and do not forsake your mother's teaching." Proverbs 1:8

Spunky

(Note: My apologies to anyone who posted a comment. I installed trackback and it deleted all previous comments from my blog. Feel free to comment again.)

3 comments:

John said...

Right On!

But not to be sexist, a homeschool fathter can do the same.

John said...

Spunky,

I apologize for the spelling error above. I'm afraid my behavior will release the thought police and have me arrested for being an incapable homeschool father (not fathter). Well... at least I'm humble if not a gifted typist.

EdWonk said...

Nice. I'll be adding Spunkyhomeschool to my (short) list of regular reads.